Meeting - July 21 2005
ISOC-NY Meeting - July 21 2005
- David Solomonoff
- Trina Semorile
- Dovlet Saparli
- Joseph Shraibman
- Richard Kuper
- Lyn Ohira
1. We are planning event on why certain activists use the internet instead of other venues (like a soapbox in the park)
2. Proposed event at Jefferson Market on broadband:
- clarify the issues of public access to the internet,
- particularly in terms of facilitation of government transparency and e-democracy
3. Millard was talking with the Museum of Natural History but Millard isn't feeling well.
- 3 proposed events in the fall.
4. ISOC-DC is interested in a 3 part series in internet governance including WSIS
5. WWW Arts Consortium expressed interest in doing and event together
6. Knoppix project with Gnubies:
- Lyn was talking with John Sullivan of FSF. FSF wanted to do something like this, but never got around to it, so he is willing to get us helpers.
- Goal #1: teach about security
- Goal #2: Show off free (as in freedom) software
- Goal #3: Raise the profile of ISOC-NY
- Richard asked: how will users download security updates? How fast will running from a CD be?
- This is a six month project, we need to meet milestones at 2 month intervals.
- By September 1st we need to have a bootable disk.
- During week 1 we need to have a content development meeting.
- During week 2 we need to have a software inclusion meeting.