Meeting - Dec 06 2011
ISOC-NY held an e-meeting on Dec 6 2011. Participation was via email.
- David Solomonoff
- Joly MacFie
- Joseph Shraibman
- Evan Korth
- Imran Anwar
- Lou Klepner
- Tom Lowenhaupt
- This was an extraordinary meeting to approve the transfer of the Chapter's bank account from Chase to Amalgamated.
- A vote approving the transfer was unanimous amongst those present, constituting over 2/3 of the directors and thus a quorum.
- Although not absolutely necessary, the possibility of obtaining a d.b.a. that is more convenient that the current unwieldy name - "Internet Society Chapter of the Greater New York City Metropolitan Area" - was discussed. David, Tom, and Lou favored "Internet Society of New York", while Joly favored "Internet Society - New York Chapter". Imran and Evan had no preference. David suggested getting both.
- Our bylaws state:
- 2. The Chapter may use the ISOC names ("Internet Society" and "ISOC") and associated logos and service marks in its name and in connection with its activities only in accordance with the published guidelines established by ISOC-International and provided to the Chapter.
- The current version of those guidelines is at http://www.isoc.org/isoc/general/identity/docs/identity_guidelines.pdf but we are advised that they may soon be revised.