E-Meeting - Nov 2 2015
David Solomonoff proposed in a email to the BoD list:
- That we support community broadband initiatives in NYC
- Notify the NYC Mesh wireless community network that we would be interested in becoming a fiscal sponsor
- But will need to get legal consultation first
- We'll reach out to our members and the ISOC community for resources and support for NYC mesh as needed
- Which will include both paid and volunteer services
On the fiscal sponsor aspect, there was some support and no objections, but 2 concerns.
- Going over a certain threshold of income would mean bringing in outside auditors, an additional expense.
- That we should have some form of liability coverage.