Moving Toward a Censorship-free Internet #netfreedon @ietf @internetsociety
An article Moving Toward a Censorship-free Internet by Dr. Johan Pouwelse in the October 2012 IETF Journal follows up on a meeting at IETF84 in Vancouver that discussed various technical solutions to government Internet censorship of the kind seen in the Arab Spring.
- Bluetooth Transfer – offline peer-to-peer.
- Musubi – distributed crypto-enabled smartphone IM app
- Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) – even via repeated bluetooth transfers..
- Twimight – Decentralized microblogging app for Android
- P2PSIP – peer-to-peer VOIP – an IETF standard, but with dubious security
- PPSP – peer-to-peer streaming protocol – serverless video streaming