This is the user page of Thomas Lowenhaupt, Director, ISOC-NY - Connecting.nyc Inc.
Collaborative Notes From October 22 "unofficial" meeting of 7 isoc-ny board members
Member of ISOC-NY board or directors attending:
- David Solomonoff - President
- Grace Wang - Executive Vice President
- Joseph Shraibman - Treasurer
- Richard Knipel
- Tom Lowenhaupt
- Jonathan Askin
- Dave Burstein
The 7 met at Le Pain, Park Avenue South and 33rd Street, from 6-8 PM.
The following report follows the Chatham House Rules (ideas but no names of those presenting them)
Recitation of Current activities
- Video presentation 154 Events via Live networks 22,056 Followers
- Joint sponsorships
New Ideas proffered
- Sponsor Regular Monthly events with an issue focus
- Engage with Open Street Map
- Focus on financial opportunities - blockchain and kickstarter. These are the powers of New York.
- Oppose merger of Cablevision and merger of Time Warner.
- Strive for independence for NYC's Internet resources. Move the TLD server from Virginia to New York.
- Make .nyc a secure TLD.