Meeting - Jun 17 2004
ISOC-NY Public Meeting - Thursday, June 17, 2004
- Millard Clements
- Paul Hardwick
- Lyn Ohira
- Khrisna Picart
- Charles Thill
- Joseph Shrabman
- David Solomenoff
- Beach Wires
1. There was a brief discussion of renewal of ISOC-NY domain names. There was an agreement to renew.
2. Lyn -
- There was an extended discussion of the project she has proposed.
- Some people volunteered to work on specific issues/activities.
- There was a lively discussion of a variety of issues/possibilities.
- Little in the way of details.
- It seems clear that to develop a series of sessions devoted to critical issues related to the mission of ISOC-NY should be a significant activity of ISOC-NY.
3. The production of ISOC-NY CDs.
- There was an extended discussion of the idea of producing ISOC-NY CDs.
- They might be a source of income; they may serve other purposes.
- What should be on these CDs? More consideration may be necessary.
- There was some discussion of whether they should be MACs or PCs or both.
4. Joseph distributed postage paid envelopes for recycling Ink Jet cartridges. This is a fund raising project for ISOC-NYU that Joseph suggested at the May meeting.
- There was some discussion of the notion that the ISOC-NY web site should include some information about members.
- The sense of the discussion was that the ISOC-NY web site should include member profiles.
6. Late in the meeting the minutes of the April meeting were approved.