Marratech is ISOC's conferencing system.
- Go to the login page
- When you join a conference you will be prompted to download and install the Marratech java client.
Franck Martin's general tips on conferencing:
- Did you know you can use skype to call for free the USA free toll number provided?
- Mute your microphone always until you speak. Kids come around, partners are naughty, or simply coughing or breathing is heard by all...
- To mute: if you use the phone, *6 to mute #6 to un-mute, or simply use the mute button on skype, marratech, audio card, etc...
- Join the conf call 10-15mn before it starts, it helps you figure out the technology and do some audio tests (can you hear me? oohhh my sound is muted!)
- It is important that the chair regulates the talks, especially the ones on the conf calls. Wait for a blank to ask to speak, let people finish they talk.
- Have a piece of paper, or a computer editor to note your questions and comments.
- Find the chat room, there is always a chat room with most of the participants, so you can ask to speak, or give feedback on the sound quality to the operators.
- Download the presentations, agenda before hand..
- More you do conf calls, more you learn about the etiquette, so join ISOC conf calls