ISOC-NY is The Internet Society Chapter of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
The mission of (ISOC-NY) is:
- in support of ISOC, to assure the beneficial, open evolution of the global Internet,
- to promote local initiatives, maximize the societal benefits which the Internet can bring to the New York area, and
- to advance the professional development of ISOC members in the New York area.
The ISOC-NY by-laws can be found here.
Websites and Social Media
- ISOC-NY website - http://isoc-ny.org
- ISOC-NY Noticeboard - http://isoc-ny.org/p2
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/isocny
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/isocny
- Linkedin group: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=2711446
- Meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/
- Slack - https://isocny.slack.com/
ISOC-NY occasionally holds board meetings meets plus other special events.
All meetings are free and open to the public. Minutes of some previous board meetings are available.
ISOC-NY actively participates in the policy process of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN) in two ways:
- as an At-Large Structure within the North America Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO).
- as an organizational member of the NonCommercial Users Constituency (NCUC), within the Non-CommercialStakeholders Group (NCSG) in the Generic Name Supporting Organization (GNSO).
Internet Governance Forum
ISOC-NY Officers & Directors
- President - Joly MacFie
- Executive Vice President - Shuli Hallak
- Administrative Vice-President - Carolina Coto
- Secretary - Tom Lowenhaupt
- Assistant Secretary - (vacant)
- Treasurer - Joseph Shraibman
- Assistant Treasurer - (vacant)
- Director of Media Services - Joly MacFie
- Director - David Solomonoff
- Director - Evan Korth
- Director - Richard Knipel
- Director - Imran Anwar
- Director - Lou Klepner
- Director - Jonathan Askin
- Director - Joe Plotkin
- Director - Avri Doria
- Director - Dave Burstein
- Director - Laura Forbes
- Director - Irene Farina
- All officers are also directors
- Term: Sep 1 2015 - Aug 31 2017
- Veni Markovski
Pending Officers & Directors
- Director - Giannina Segnini
Chapter Voting Delegates
- Carolina Coto + Joly MacFie (alternate)
- At Large - Joly MacFie (primary) + Avri Doria (alternate)
- NCUC/NCSG - Joly MacFie (primary) + Avri Doria (alternate)
To get announcements of news and events you can subscribe to our announcement list.
The discussion list is where members discuss chapter activities and projects.
The x-pubpol list is rebirthed in 2016 under the auspices of Dave Burstein to discuss North American Internet Policy.
PO Box 1599
Madison Sq. Station
New York NY 10159-1599