ISOC-NY is The Internet Society Chapter of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
The mission of (ISOC-NY) is:
- in support of ISOC, to assure the beneficial, open evolution of the global Internet,
- to promote local initiatives, maximize the societal benefits which the Internet can bring to the New York area, and
- to advance the professional development of ISOC members in the New York area.
The ISOC-NY by-laws can be found here.
The ISOC-NY website is located at http://isoc-ny.org
The ISOC-NY Noticeboard is loacated at http://isoc-ny.org/p2
ISOC-NY occasionally holds board meetings meets plus other special events.
All meetings are free and open to the public. Minutes of some previous board meetings are available.
ISOC-NY actively participates in the policy process of the Internet Corpoaration for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN) in two ways:
- as an At-Large Structure within the North America Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO).
- as an organizational member of the NonCommercial Users Constituency (NCUC), within the Non-CommercialStakeholders Group (NCSG) in the Generic Name Supporting Organization (GNSO).
Internet Governance Forum
ISOC-NY Officers & Directors
- President - David Solomonoff
- Administrative Vice-President - Carolina Coto
- Secretary - (vacant)
- Assistant Secretary - (vacant)
- Treasurer - Joseph Shraibman
- Assistant Treasurer - (vacant)
- Director of Media Services - Joly MacFie
- Director - Richard Knipel
- Director - Imran Anwar
- Director - Tom Lowenhaupt
- Director - Lou Klepner
- Director - Jonathan Askin
- Director - Joe Plotkin
- Director - Avri Doria
- Director - Dave Burstein
- All officers are also directors
- Term: Sep 1 2015 - Aug 31 2017
Pending Officers & Directors
- Executive Vice President - Grace Wang
- Director - Laura Forbes
- Director - Irene Farina
- Director - Giannina Segnini
Chapter Voting Delegates
- Carolina Coto + Joly MacFie (alternate)
- At Large - Joly MacFie (primary) + Avri Doria (alternate)
- NCUC/NCSG - Joly MacFie (primary) + Avri Doria (alternate)
To get announcements of news and events you can subscribe to our announcement list.
The discussion list is where members discuss chapter activities and projects.
The x-pubpol list is to note and discuss instances of law and public policy around the world that affect the Open Internet.
PO Box 1599
Madison Sq. Station
New York NY 10159-1599