ISOC-NY is The Internet Society Chapter of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
The mission of (ISOC-NY) is:
- in support of ISOC, to assure the beneficial, open evolution of the global Internet,
- to promote local initiatives, maximize the societal benefits which the Internet can bring to the New York area, and
- to advance the professional development of ISOC members in the New York area.
The ISOC-NY by-laws can be found here.
The ISOC-NY website is located at http://isoc-ny.org
ISOC-NY occasionally meets at NYU plus holds occasional special events.
Board meetings are free and open to the public. Minutes of previous board meetings are available.
ISOC-NY Officers & Directors
- President - David Solomonoff
- Executive Vice-President - Evan Korth
- Administrative Vice-President - Joly MacFie
- Secretary - Joly MacFie
- Assistant Secretary - Richard Knipel
- Treasurer - Joseph Shraibman
- Assistant Treasurer - Imran Anwar
- Director - Tom Lowenhaupt
- Director - Lou Klepner
- Director - Jonathan Askin
- Director - Joe Plotkin
- Director - Michael Lewis
- Director - Avri Doria
- Director - Dave Burstein
- All officers are also directors
- Term: Aug 1 2012 - July 31 2014
To get announcements of news and events you can subscribe to our announcement list.
The discussion list is where members discuss chapter activities and projects.
The dotNeighborhoods list is to discuss implementation of the .nyc generic top level domain to benefit the city's neighborhoods.
The x-pubpol list is to note and discuss instances of law and public policy around the world that affect the Open Internet.
PO Box 1599
Madison Sq. Station
New York NY 10159-1599