Hillary Clinton speech on Internet Freedom
On Jan 20 2010 U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton made a major policy speech at the Newseum in Washington D.C. on the subject of Internet Freedom:
Video and links to comments are below:
- U.S. Stae Dept Transcripts
- U.S. State Dept. Panel Discussion
- U.S. Department of State: Engaging the Community on Foreign Affairs Facebook group
- David Weinberger comments after the speech.
- Chris Messina comments after the speech.
- Global Times (China) The real stake in “free flow of information”
- Evgeny Morozov Is Hillary Clinton launching a cyber Cold War?
- Global Times (China) Clinton’s Internet freedom speech sparks worries
- Tom Krazit U.S. puts companies on notice in China (inc. ISOC quote)
- Clay Shirky Secretary Clinton’s Internet Freedom Speech, Abridged